Social media nowadays is one of the best tools to help your business in various ways possible. Maybe it is safe to assume that you are running your social media pages already, particularly a Facebook page.
However, do you have a Facebook group for your business already? If not, maybe this is the best time for you to learn more about it and how it can impact your business greatly in a totally different approach.
A Facebook group has a more personalized and a more creative approach in engaging with your audience or customers compared to a Facebook page.
Why should you make a Facebook group for your business? Managing your own Facebook group gives you more control of course, but there is more to it. Having a Facebook group for your business will let you utilize it for its specific purpose.
To help you understand what we mean better, here are some of the most effective ways a Facebook group can help a business.
- Build a community focused on your brand– Many brands and businesses nowadays are incorporating Facebook groups to their social media marketing strategy. In this way, they are able to build a community mainly focused on their brand’s product or service. It serves a lot of purpose especially in providing valid answers to your customers or followers’ queries. They don’t have to queue in line to contact your customer service for questions. They can post their queries right away in your Facebook group page where they can receive tons of help not just from you, but also from other members that are willing to share tips and ideas.
- It establishes your authority– By creating a Facebook group, you’re not just helping your customers’ queries, but you are also giving your business or brand the opportunity to provide more information to your customers. A Facebook group does not just help answer questions from your customers. It will also give you the opportunity to provide more information to your customers to further educate them about your products or services through your posts. You can post helpful articles, tips, as well as tutorials about your products or services that will surely maximize the use of your products or service.
- It builds a focused and driven community– One of the many reasons why Facebook groups are popular nowadays is that people with the same interest have a place to converse and engage. Facebook groups became an outlet for people to share their ideas and topics through group discussions and posts where they can all agree on. In terms of business, you will be able to build a stronger relationship with your customers, you also provide them an open forum for any complaints, suggestions, and other important opinions that will further improve your service to them.
Why is a Facebook group page important for your business?
In 2018, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s top honcho made an announcement about one of Facebook’s new algorithms that is aiming to foster communities as well as relationships through improving the user’s newsfeed by publishing content that they want to see more. One of their main solutions is to allow people in creating or joining groups based on their interests wherein they can enthusiastically engage in a virtual community of like-minded individuals.
How to make a Facebook group for your business?
Creating your Facebook group is fairly easy. Creating one is a very straightforward process, so here are the simple steps that you have to follow in creating a Facebook group for your business.
On your Facebook Page, go to the Community tab. Under the Group section, click “Create”.
After that, you can then enter the name of your Facebook group page. Make sure that the group’s name is very easy to remember and find. It would be even better if you use the name of your brand, product, or service.
Set your Facebook group page to your preferred privacy setting. You can either choose public, closed, or secret. Also start adding names of people who will help you manage your group. Don’t add your followers just yet. You still need to optimize the group details.
Click on the create button to officially create your Facebook group page.
Once created, you can optimize the group by uploading your preferred cover photo for your group page. Do not forget to include the appropriate description of your group. Think about the group’s purpose when you’re typing in the description. Make sure to mention group rules and policies especially the dos and don’ts to remind your members.
Promote your Facebook group page by posting its link on your Facebook page wall, or at your business’s website. Or you can post it on your other social media accounts such as Twitter or Instagram.
Start inviting people either from your personal Facebook account friends list or invite your Facebook page followers. You can also send your customers a newsletter announcing your newly created Facebook group along with the official link.
Why are there different privacy settings in Facebook groups?
When you create a Facebook group, you have to choose between three privacy settings: public, secret or closed. To further understand the most suitable privacy settings for your Facebook p[age, here is a detailed explanation of each setting.
- Public– Anyone can join your group even without invitation or approval from the group admin. All of the group’s information from the list of members, posts, and location are all set to the public. This means that anyone can view the group’s information. Setting it to public also lets people find it easily on their news feed.
- Closed– Anyone can view different pieces of information from your group which still includes the list of members and the description. Under this setting, your Facebook group can still appear on the search results if anyone searches for it. A closed setting has a lot of similarities to a public group. However, non-members have to ask permission to join the group or get invited. Second, only members can view, like and comment from the group’s posts. Lastly, only members can see the group posts from their personal account’s news feed.
- Secret– This setting is considered as the most private among the three. All of the group’s information and aspects are not visible to the public. Everyone who wants to join the group has to get an invitation. Non-members have to be invited or added by current members before they can join the group. Lastly, current members are the ones that can only see the posts.
You can change your group’s privacy settings just by clicking the Groups tab on the left side menu when you are on your group page. Proceed, and click the “More” button and next, click the “Edit Group” button. Find the privacy button and click it. Change the privacy settings based on your preferences. After choosing the privacy settings, click the “confirm” button and scroll down to the bottom part of the page and click “save. ”
Note though that when you set the settings to “private” upon creating the group, you can no longer change it to public as per Facebook policy. You can only change Public groups to private.
You did an awesome job in creating your business Facebook group page! Make sure to maximize its full potential in providing your business a new way to promote it! Do not forget to post regularly and engage with your group members!