Every seasoned entrepreneur knows how valuable digital marketing is for growth and success. That is why giant companies coming from different industries spend so much on it. Netflix spent almost 2 billion dollars on advertising in 2018.
Meanwhile, Samsung spent more than twice that amount in 2017. Their expenditure proves how imperative marketing is to get and stay at the top. If you want your business to become as successful, you need a reasonable marketing budget. You also have to partner with an elite digital marketing agency.
Why You Need a Digital Marketing Agency
A full-service digital marketing agency offers a wide range of marketing services. Some of the services they offer are:
- Content development
- Email marketing
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Website design and development
Good digital marketing is crucial to success today. As a business owner, you might know a thing or two about marketing. But these people specialize in it. They know the intricacies of the market. It’s an investment that will help you reap dividends. Here are some benefits you can enjoy:
- You can grow your business online. The pandemic showed that those who embraced digital technology can survive any crisis. It’s not easy transitioning to online though. The rules are a bit different. You have to start building a presence online, and this requires time and focus. You can let the digital marketing agency handle that while you focus on running your company.
- You’ll get more customers. Every industry is more competitive now. It’s why you need to get more prospects and convert those leads. The best way to do that is through online advertising. You can do it yourself via PPC on Facebook or Instagram. But you can bring it up to another level with B2b digital marketing agency. They can make your ads look better and more compelling. They’ll also help you reach more people.
- You’ll have access to the right tools and resources. Every marketing expert will tell you a campaign is only as good as the tools you use. Online marketing uses a different set of equipment and tools. You need SEO optimizers and plagiarism checkers. You need competitor intelligence trackers, automation tools, and educational courses. You need to buy them or subscribe to a specific company. A digital marketing agency already has these tools. They know how to use them too.
- You’ll save time and money. Marketing takes time and a lot of effort. Small or new businesses might not have enough resources yet to hire a full-time marketer. There’s also the time spent training someone. An established digital marketing agency can help you on both accounts. They already have the people and the skills you need.
How to Find a Digital Marketing Agency That’s Worth Your Money
There are thousands of agencies out there – competitive and hungry for clients. How do you filter the good from the bad? It’s all about the qualities they have. You only need to look for five things to know a potential digital marketing partner.
No. 1: They Have a Search-Engine Optimized Website
When looking for a digital marketing agency, make sure that their website is at the top. Or at least within the first few search engine results pages (SERPS). It’s only logical. If they can’t rank their own site with their SEO practices, how can they help rank yours?
Apart from a visible position on SERPS, their website should also be compelling. It should be professional-looking and responsive. An agency that spends time on making its site high-performing shows dedication. That’s essential when it comes to tailoring a website that portrays your business.
No. 2: They Are Flexible
Be wary of a digital marketing agency that locks you into a contract or preset plans. This is a red flag. Each business is unique. Some brands will need intensive search engine marketing. Others will only rely on social media to get exposure. It’s unfair to have a bundle and will only enjoy a few bits of it.
Look for a digital marketing agency that will discuss what works for your business. It’s all about customization. If your business only needs a responsive website, the agency should respect that.
No. 3: They Have a Dedicated Manager for Your Business
Of course, an agency is a team of people working together to make things possible. It’s problematic if you don’t have a single point of contact. This is where an account manager comes in.
Some agencies are so big that they even outsource a call center to handle your concerns. But you don’t need a new person on every call. There should be a dedicated manager for your digital marketing needs. They will help keep things organized. They’ll also develop a better understanding of your business over time. When on the hunt for a digital marketing partner, always ask if they dedicate a manager for your account.
No. 4: They Give Access to Your Marketing Performance
One of the biggest red flags to look out for is the agency’s transparency. If they do not share access or, worse, track your progress – avoid them at all costs. Your brand is on the line.
You have every right to know where your money goes and how it affects your business. A seasoned digital marketing agency is unafraid to show your business analytics. It doesn’t matter how slow the progress is.
No. 5: They Are Realistic
The last quality you need to look for is practicality. The agency should give you an honest opinion of the outcome based on your proposed budget.
SEO is a long process, and it takes time, a long time to see good results. Any agency that guarantees to deliver SEO results in days is sketchy. Like everything else, if it’s too good to be true then there’s a good chance it is.
Look for a digital marketing agency that explains every service they have in detail. They should also discuss the possible outcome with a given sample budget.
You should treat a digital marketing agency as a business partner – not a service provider. It’s a long-term relationship, so you have to pick one that cares about your brand.
Tulumi is a digital marketing agency that’s dedicated to its clients. They take time to understand your business first before making any promises. We put you in a position to oversee our marketing efforts but without putting too much time into it. With us, you will have a partner that gives you control and real results.
Contact Tulumi today.