Twitter is a valuable but often overlooked tool that can help market your brand. Unfortunately, most people associate the platform with memes, Donald Trump (until he got banned), hashtags, and Hollywood. But Twitter is so much more.
It’s a micro-blog with immense reach. The platform has 192 million active users a day and is very popular in the United States, Japan, and India.
It might come as a surprise, but Twitter is a fast and amazing way to get real-time information and learn the latest trends. It’s also a tool many world leaders, politicians, and policy makers use to explain and promote their policies and interact with citizens. Former US President Barack Obama made good use of the platform during his term and has one of the most followed Twitter accounts.
Twitter was able to help Obama push his political agenda, think of what it can do for your brand. The site can be a powerful marketing tool with the right content and strategy. But with millions of tweets sent every day, you need some savant-level Twitter marketing tips to get noticed.
Reasons to Use Twitter
- You’ll know what’s happening right now. Twitter is real-time. People tweet about what they’re seeing or experiencing as it happens. It’s why businesses use it to gauge trends and prepare for their next content.
- It’s a great networking tool. It’s an open platform that can connect you to colleagues, your audience, experts, influencers, and creators.
- You have access to the movers and shakers. Twitter is the platform with the most engagement between big names and consumers. Tweet something unique, interesting, thought-provoking, or funny, and you can get retweeted or quoted by business leaders, celebrities, politicians, and major corporations.
- It can give your brand a boost. What is a personal brand? A personal brand is a public persona you’ve created for your audience. You use it to communicate your company’s values, goals, and purpose. Establishing a presence on Twitter can do wonders for your brand. It can drive traffic to your website, open a dialogue with your target market, and generate leads.
Top Twitter Marketing Tips to Consider
- Organize and Join Twitter Chats
Twitter chats are an effective way to connect to your audience and kindred spirits who share your vision and interests. It’s also a quick way to get followers.
There are chats for every topic under the sun. Look for one that you can connect to your brand or will help push your message forward. You can also organize your chat if you’re having trouble looking for the right one for your company. But whether you’re heading the discussion or not, make sure you actively participate. Reply to the thread, follow new people, and keep the connection going.
- Make Good Use of Hashtags
Using a good hashtag is one of the most popular Twitter marketing tips. A hashtag is an essential component of any tweet, and the right one can make your post go viral. It’s also a quick way to organize tweets that are keyed to a specific topic or keyword.
Be careful when using trending hashtags. You don’t want to co-opt it only to find out it’s going viral for wrong and offensive reasons. It could also be against your brand image or lead to a severe backlash from your audience. Make sure you research and understand the tag before adding it to your post.
- Don’t Go Overboard With It
Unlike Instagram, Twitter isn’t what you can call hashtag-friendly. While Twitter started the hashtag feature, it doesn’t mean you should add it like there’s no tomorrow. The best practice is to use one to a maximum of three hashtags. So choose which hashtag to use. It must be relevant to your post and can act as a guide to the content.
Multiple hashtags will also make your post look cluttered. They’re also harder to read when grouped closely. Plus, you only have 240 characters to make a point. Don’t waste it on redundant hashtags
- Tweet Images and Videos
One of the best Twitter marketing tips you should follow is how to tweet photos and videos properly. Visuals will always make an impact, so you should milk it for all it’s worth, especially since space on a Twitter post is limited.
Choose engaging or thought-provoking images. Videos should either be funny or poignant, and they should have a catchy caption to make them more shareable. You can also use videos or GIFs when reacting to a post. It will make it more visible and compelling visually.
- Tweet Multiple Times a Day
There are millions of tweets made in a day, more when you take retweets into account. With so many tweets, posting once or twice might not be enough to catch attention. Luckily for you, you can tweet several times a day without sounding too spammy. Some experts suggest tweeting early in the day since it’s when people are using the platform. Then do some staggered posting throughout the day.
One way to ensure you have enough posts is to schedule them. Design an editorial calendar for your content. Numerous apps can help you with this. Some brands even prepare a month’s worth of content and schedule when to post. You can reply to tweets or retweet posts that caught your eye when you have time.
Did you find this read interesting? Then you should check this article on using hashtags as a digital marketing weapon.
Our team of experts is dedicated to helping you reach your marketing goals. You can call us at (800) 481-1720 or email us at email@example.com and schedule a free consultation.