Are online reviews important? YES… because 92% of consumers rely on online reviews before buying a product or booking a service!
Consistently monitoring and responding to reviews and other information posted about your business will help build a positive perception of your restaurant. It doesn’t only show you are responsive, it also helps you rank higher in searches. This is important as part of online reputation management.
What happens when you ignore these online reviews?
- You’ll miss opportunities on improving your products and services from the feedback of the customers.
- You won’t know what people say and feel about your restaurant.
- Your competitors are probably snapping valuable insights from your customers and turning them into their very own strategies.
- You’ll be left completely unaware of fake reviews which can damage your reputation.
What are the benefits of having systematic online reputation management?
- You’ll have an edge on your rivals! You’ll be one step ahead of your competitors if you track online reviews, respond to the reviewers, and act on their feedback.
- Squeeze some personality into your brand! Create a more authentic engagement with your customers by responding with a customized message for each, adding a sense of human interaction.
- Build another layer of customer satisfaction! Google My Business Support says, “responding to reviews shows that you value your customers and the feedback that they leave about your business.”
Guide to Managing Your Restaurant’s Online Reputation
Now, you might be thinking, “how do I manage my online reputation?” There are a few things you should look at to successfully maintain a good image online.
1. Create and Keep a Strong Social Media Presence
Customers often share reviews about their experience on Facebook and other social media pages. But what’s there to review if you don’t have a social media page? Make sure to create one and keep it updated so people are free to rate your page and leave positive comments for others to see.
2. Respond to Customer Reviews
Whether it’s a good or bad comment, take time to respond to customer reviews. Acknowledge the customers who took time to commend your menu or service. It makes them feel appreciated. It’s also important to address the not-so-good comments so it won’t affect your image. Admitting your mistakes and promising to deliver a better experience next time are signs that you are committed to providing the best service for all of your customers.
3. Check for News and Alerts
A helpful thing to do to keep abreast of any news or discussions about your restaurant is subscribing to Google Alerts. You’d get an automatic alert once any PR happening pops up regarding your restaurant. You can also conduct random google searches by just typing the name of your restaurant. Any discussions will appear on the results page.
4. Encourage Positive Reviews
A good way to rank higher in Google results pages is to have more people talk about you. Encourage your customers to leave positive reviews in your restaurant profile pages. You can go out of your way and even offer them a small treat as a thank you for their positive feedback.
5. Invest in PR
If you’re serious in maintaining a good social media reputation, you must invest in PR. There’s no doubt that wider media coverage by a credible newspaper or magazine will impact your customer base. You can also tap food bloggers to review your restaurant. They have a wide readership.
Online reputation management is important in keeping your restaurant business in good standing. However, this can get tedious especially when you become busy operating your business and more online reviews accumulate over time.
Designate this task to an expert agency like Tulumi Digital Marketing. We can set up and manage all local listings as well as monitor and respond to reviews, not just in your social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) but also in special ranking and review sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Google.
Tulumi Digital Marketing offers digital marketing services including Website Design, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Paid Media Ads, MMS Marketing, Reputation Management and Payment Processing that help restaurants grow and sustain their business.