Facebook remains the best social media platform for connecting with people, and it has opened its doors to be a marketing tool for businesses. Regardless of whether you are a startup or an already established company, you should not ignore the power of Facebook Advertising.
What is Social Media Marketing?
As the name suggests, social media marketing is a marketing strategy that makes use of available social media platforms for you to reach out to your target audience. It helps build up your brand, generate sales, and drive more traffic to your website. In the past, social media marketing relied more on publishing content. Nowadays, companies are using these platforms to get the pulse of their audience to improve their products or services.
Since businesses see the value of going digital these days, it is only right that new marketing strategies are employed. Learning how to use social media platforms, such as Facebook, as marketing tools is beneficial to any company in the long run.
How Does Facebook Advertising Work?
If you want to run a successful Facebook advertising, you need to learn how Facebook advertising works first. There are five factors to consider when making a Facebook ad: Targeting, Placement, Bidding, Budget, and Ads Schedule. Let’s find out more about them.
- Targeting. Marketing experts stated that Facebook Ads are a tool to create interest that will lead to more demand. Since most users do not browse Facebook the way they do Amazon, you must know who you are targeting in your Facebook Ad. You can narrow down your target market based on gender, age, demographics, preferences, and more.
- Placement. Aside from appearing on Facebook’s news feed, you can also choose Marketplace, Messenger Inbox, even in Audience Network.
- Bidding. Facebook does operate a real-time digital auction for those who want to place their ads. However, Facebook auctions evaluate an ad based on its competitive and intrinsic value. Even when you have placed a bid on the placement, Facebook’s algorithm will determine if your ad’s relevance is better than your competitors. That is why you should customize your ads to your target audience. You can find more about how bidding works here.
- Budget. As the name suggests, the budget being referred to here is how much you are willing to spend on your Facebook ad campaign. You should set aside your budget carefully.
- Ads Schedule. Always choose relevant images on your ads and avoid relying on stock photos. If you have a graphic designer on board, have them create a marketing ad that will catch your target audience’s attention.
How to Run a Successful Facebook Advertising
Now that you know the answer to the question, “How does Facebook advertising work?” you’re probably thinking about how you can run a successful Facebook ad. Well, here are a few tips that can help you out.
Create a Facebook Funnel and Implement It.
All successful marketing begins with a good strategy, and running a Facebook ad is no exception. The Facebook Ad Funnel is where you drive a stranger into liking your business and making a sale out of it. There are three steps to create a Facebook Funnel: Awareness, Engagement Remarketing, and Website Remarketing.
Awareness is building more of your online presence on a social media platform to reach your target audience. Engagement remarketing is where you want your Facebook audience to check out the products and services that you are offering. Website Remarketing is to engage those that have liked your website to buy or use your services.
Setup and Optimize Facebook Pixel Settings.
Facebook Pixel lets you track your ad campaigns to determine whether you are reaching the right people. Without this tool, you won’t be able to see your return on ad spend or ROAS.
Create Your Target Audiences.
Learning Audience Temperatures on Facebook will help you create your target audiences. Cold audiences are the ones who haven’t heard of your business and are the ones that are at the bottom of your marketing foundation. Warm audiences, on the other hand, are those that have interacted with your Facebook page. Hot audiences are those who already know your company and are familiar with its workings but haven’t made any purchase.
Why Use Facebook Advertising for Your Business?
There are different marketing channels that companies can use to generate awareness for their brand. Utilizing them is crucial, but knowing how each of your marketing channels affects one another is also important. That said, using your social media channel, such as Facebook, comes with several benefits such as:
- Robust analytics. Facebook offers a reliable analytics platform that you can use to determine how well your Facebook ads are working.
- Easy ad creation. Another benefit to Facebook advertising is that creating an ad is easy. Facebook itself will provide you with all the tools you need to create a tailored advertisement for your specific audience.
- Reach more people. Facebook lets you reach your audience rather than simply relying on your organic posts. By opting for a Facebook ad, more users will be able to spot your business as they scroll down their news feed.
Get Your Social Media Marketing Up and Running
Now that you know how Facebook Advertising works, you can rely on Tulumi to work on your social media marketing strategy. Tulumi is a full-service website development and SEO company that helps small to large businesses succeed in their industry.