It’s a time-honored tradition for businesses to rely on word-of-mouth marketing. Experts say it’s one of the best forms of marketing. Customers who like what you are offering are apt to talk about it to their family, friends, and co-workers. This means you are getting free marketing from them.
It’s different now. These days, many companies are using SEO. They’re also taking advantage of Google Review to generate new leads. But as with any marketing strategy, the reviews that customers leave on your page can make or break you.
Seeing a mix of positive and negative reviews about your business is not bad. As a matter of fact, these can help people learn more about your products or services. It will tell them if they need what you’re offering.
Businesses should expect to receive their fair share of bad reviews. Even established businesses are not spared of negative reviews. After all, you can’t please everybody no matter how hard you try. The best way to deal with this type of feedback is to get more positive reviews. You can do this by improving your company’s goals.
But there are people who leave negative reviews that are not related to your business. Some might use terms that are not appropriate. This is where learning how to delete a Google review can help.
Can You Delete Google Reviews?
In a nutshell, the answer is yes. As mentioned before, not all negative Google reviews are experience-based. Trolls will leave nasty comments about your shop (or any business). It’s not a good idea to leave it for the world to see. It can hurt your business. You’re justified in wanting to remove this type of Google review.
Any business owner will want those negative comments to disappear. But there is no giant delete button that will make them disappear. The road to removing those unfair reviews is long. Here’s what you can do on your end:
- Win over the customer. It’s good to be proactive when it comes to dealing with negative reviews. It is the quickest way to have that feedback removed or changed into something positive. It helps that you talk to the customer about their experience. You want to know where they’re coming from. This will also show that you’re willing to correct your mistakes. Winning them over is a smart strategy. Once you have provided them with a solution, ask them if they can update their feedback into a positive one.
- Ask Google for help. Don’t have any idea on how to remove negative reviews? You can ask Google for help in removing them as soon as possible. The company is willing to do so for spam and fake comments and feedback. You can also ask for their help in removing comments from a disgruntled employee. You can also do the following:
– Log into your Google My Business account.
– Choose your business location. Click on the Reviews tab on the menu.
– Find the review that you wish to flag. Click on the three dots on the menu then select Flag as inappropriate.
- Speed up the process. Sometimes Google’s response is taking longer than expected. You can speed up the process by requesting a chat or a call back from Google Support. You can also send an email.
– Go to your Google My Business account. Click on the Menu tab and search for Support.
– Wait for the popup to appear. Choose Contact Us. You should then click on the option Need More Help.
– Look for and select Customer Reviews and Photos. Next, pick Manage Customer Reviews.
– You’ll see three options. You can choose from request callback, request chat, or email support. Select the one that works best for you.
- Request for more reviews. Some sites do not allow businesses to ask for reviews from their customers. But you can do this in Google Review. This feature is useful in boosting your online presence.
Removing Negative Reviews You Wrote
What if you’re the one who left a negative review? You might be thinking about removing it on Google. This happens more often than you think. It could be that the client has changed their mind about a particular store or business.
These are the steps you can take if you’ve left a review using Google Maps:
- Go back to Google Maps. Look for the three lines icon. Click on it to open the menu.
- Select Your Contributions then click on Reviews.
- Search for the review you wish to remove.
- Click on the More icon. This is three dots on the top of the screen.
- You can edit or delete the review you have posted from there.
What if you want to get something removed from Google search? Your success on this depends on whether you are the owner of the page or not. If you are the owner, you can hide the information from Google search. But this is temporary. You can also have it removed by a reliable Orlando SEO services company. You can find more information about that here.
But if someone else is the owner of the page, you can use the Remove Outdated Content Tool. This allows the removal of the old content from Google Search.
It’s also best if you learn how to write a good review for a doctor, a store, or any other business. You should do this before you begin posting your personal reviews on other sites. Keep in mind that what you say about a company has an impact so choose your words well.
Did you find the article informative? You should also read this post about 5 ways on how to stand out among your competitors.
Improve Your Google Presence
Building your online presence begins with a strong marketing strategy. Tulumi Digital Marketing is here to help you out. We are a full-service website development and SEO company. We can assist you in marketing your business from the ground up. We offer mobile and social media marketing. We also do web design and online reputation management. We can also help you with the processing of your payments. This will ensure everything will run well in your business. Give us a call at (800) 481- 1720 or shoot us an email at [email protected].