Traditionally, businesses rely on word-of-mouth for marketing their products or services. Customers who like what you are offering are more likely to talk about it to their family, friends, and co-workers. That means you are getting free marketing from them. Today, many are taking advantage of Google Review to generate new leads. But like any marketing strategy, the reviews can either make or break your business.
Seeing a mixture of positive and negative reviews about your business is not bad. They can help people learn whether the product or service that you are offering is what they need. However, some leave negative reviews that are not related to your business or just degrading in nature. Learning how to remove a Google review will help fix those unfair reviews.
Even established businesses get negative reviews at some point. After all, you can’t please everybody no matter how hard you try. The best way to deal with negative feedback is to get more positive reviews, which you can achieve by improving your company’s goals. If you want to learn how to make your business stand out, you should read these 5 ways on how to stand out among your competitors.
Can You Remove Google Reviews?
In a nutshell, the answer is yes. Like mentioned before, not all negative Google reviews are done based on experience. Some want to leave some negative comments about your shop. Unfortunately, leaving it for the world to see can hurt your business.
As a business owner, you probably want to make those negative comments disappear. However, there is no giant delete button that will make them disappear. The road to removing those false reviews is a long process, but here’s how:
- Win over the customer. Being proactive in dealing with negative reviews on Google is the quickest way to have that feedback removed or changed into something positive. It helps that you talk to the customer since they will know that you are willing to correct your mistakes. Once you have provided them with a solution, you can ask them to update their feedback into a positive one.
- Ask Google for assistance. Are you wondering how to remove negative reviews on Google? Since there are instances when comments and feedback on your site are due to spam, a disgruntled employee, or just fake news, you will want to remove that as soon as possible by asking Google to assist you. You can do the following steps as well.
○ Log into your Google My Business account.
○ Choose your business location, then click on the Reviews tab on the menu.
○ Find the review that you wish to flag. Click on the three dots on the menu, then select Flag as inappropriate.
- Speed up the process. If Google is taking a while, you can speed up the process by requesting a chat, a callback, or an email from Google Support.
○ Go to your Google My Business account, click on the Menu tab, and then search for Support.
○ Once the popup appears, choose Contact Us, then click on the option Need More Help.
○ From here, select Customer Reviews and Photos, then Manage Customer Reviews.
○ You will have three options: request callback, request chat, or email support. Choose the one that works best for you.
● Request for more reviews. Though some sites do not allow businesses to ask for reviews from their customers, you can do this in Google Review.
Removing Your Negative Reviews
You might be thinking about how to remove negative reviews on Google, which you have written. This is understandable especially when you have changed your mind about that store or business. You may have left that review using Google Maps. If that is the case, you can take the following steps:
- Go back to Google Maps, then look for the three lines icon, which you can click to open the menu.
- Select Your Contributions, then click on Reviews.
- Search for the review that you wish to remove.
- Click on the More icon, represented by three dots.
- From here, you can edit or delete the review you have posted.
Now, how do I get something removed from Google search? It depends mostly on whether you are the owner of the page or not. If you are the owner, you can temporarily hide the information from Google search, or you can have it removed completely (read here for more information).
On the other hand, if someone else is the page owner, you can use the Remove Outdated Content Tool to have the old content removed. You can also start learning how to write a good review for a doctor, a store, or any other business before you begin posting your reviews on other sites. Keep in mind what you say about a company. Regardless of its size, your review can have an impact, so choose your words wisely.
Improve Your Google Presence
Building your online presence begins with a strong marketing strategy. Tulumi Digital Marketing is here to help you out. We are a full-service website development and SEO company that can assist you in marketing your business from the ground up.
We offer mobile marketing, social media marketing, web design, and even online reputation management. We can also help you with your payment processing so that everything will run smoothly in your business. Give us a call at (800) 481-1720 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.